Casa de la Familia offers a 16 Hour Advanced Domestic Violence Counselor Training at the LAPD WILSHIRE COMMUNITY POLICE STATION in Los Angeles.
The 2 Day Training will take place on Friday, October 25, and Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: 40 Hour DV Counselor Training Certification is a prerequisite for this course.
• The Therapeutic Process – models of intervention
• Trauma-Informed Approach to Domestic Violence
• Children and Youth Exposed to Domestic Violence
• Survivors with Psychiatric Disabilities
• Interviewing Process for advocates, medical and mental health clinicians, and law enforcement
• Role Modeling on Vignettes
• Women Support Groups
• Other Alternative Treatments
• Community Resources
After completing the 16 hours of advanced training, each participant will receive a "Certificate of Completion".
Domestic violence can have severe effects on the victim and his family. The victim of violence can develop emotional problems, usually anxiety or depression, trouble sleeping or nightmares, and even feelings of guilt, frustration, and anger. Casa de la Familia is dedicated to helping these victims, as well as their families. Our team works closely with the community and other mental health professionals to ensure that victims of domestic violence have access to available services.
*Lunch is not included in registration fees.